zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Behroz Sikander <behro...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommended syncLimit for 3-node AWS cluster
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 09:32:45 GMT
Hello,
Currently, I have a Spark cluster which uses 3-node zookeeper underneath
for leader election. I want to reuse the zookeeper cluster for storing some
configuration information and traffic in zookeeper will increase. I want
the cluster to become synced as early as possible.

What are the recommended configuration settings for this clusters assuming
that I am running on AWS?

The following values are the ones I am using now.

tickTime=4000
initLimit=30
syncLimit=15

Any reasoning on why specific values would work best would also be helpful.

Regards,
Behroz Sikander