zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper syncing with Curator
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 14:41:21 GMT
ZooKeeper is an eventually consistent system. Reads are always consistent in that they reflect
previous writes, however it is not possible to do what you describe. Reads are fulfilled by
the Node your client is connected to. Writes are always through the leader Node. In a dynamic
ensemble with lots of concurrent reads/writes there is no such thing a read reflecting all
active writes.

You should consider a RDBMS like MySQL instead of something like ZooKeeper.

Jordan Zimmerman