zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ian Spence <Ian.Spe...@globalrelay.net>
Subject ZK Server does not join quorum after restart
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 22:35:56 GMT
Hello

We have a cluster of 5 ZK servers, all running ZK 3.4.6 on Java 1.8 on CentOS 6. These are
physical devices, not virtual machines.

One server required hardware maintenance, and was restarted. When the zk software was restarted,
it did not rejoin the quorum as a follower.

Running “stat” or “mntr” commands returns: “This ZooKeeper instance is not currently
serving requests”

I googled this message and came across this bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2164

Does anybody know if there is a work-around to this issue? We’ve seen this problem multiple
times in the past and our current solution is to bring down the zk cluster (which is a huge
outage-causing pain).

Thanks

- Ian