zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ryan H <ryan.howell.developm...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrate ZK to ACL ZK
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2019 15:35:24 GMT
Hi All,

I am currently using an external 3 machine Zookeeper (3.4.10) to manage
multiple NiFi Clusters (NiFi 1.5). I would like to put in ACL for each of
the existing NiFi clusters with username/password that is unique to each of
the NiFi clusters as it is currently wide open. The docs say that Kerberos
is the recommended method for securing ZK, but for now going to go with
User/Password.

I'm looking for the best way to do this. My initial thought was to spin up
a new ZK cluster, then use the migration tool to migrate each of the root
nodes to the new cluster, adding the username/password as each root is
migrated. Is there a better way to do this? I'm wondering if a new ZK
cluster is needed or not and whether the same thing can just be done on the
existing ZK cluster. Can the Username/Password ACL info just be applied to
the existing roots (just add the ACL info to the NiFi configuration) and
then that's it?

Any direction or suggestions is appreciated!!

Cheers,

Ryan H