zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Verhoeven <ke...@amperity.com>
Subject ZooKeeper 3.6.0 Release (fix for a large number of watches)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2018 19:32:32 GMT
I am running Accumulo with a large number of tables (> 10k). Each table
sets up a number of watches in ZooKeeper, and we have many (> 50 million
watches). We are running 5 ZooKeeper servers and the watches are spread
evenly across the servers. We see Accumulo performance degrade sharply when
we add more than 6k tables and it appears this is related to the number of
watches in ZooKeeper. However, there seems to be a performance fix for a
large number of watches, in issue # 1177[1], that was resolved Aug 2018 and
merged into master with PR # 590 in release 3.6.0.

My question is how can I get the ZooKeeper 3.6.0 release? I'd like to
download a copy of the 3.6.0 jar and test with this version. If all goes
well, this will resolve my performance issue with Accumulo watches.

A second question would be: is there a way to tune ZooKeeper for better
performance with a large number of watches? This does not seem to be a
optimal running state for ZooKeeper, but we are constrained by Accumulo and
their use of watches.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1177
[2] https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/590

Regards,