zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From ilango dhandapani <ilango.dhandap...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper StandAlone to ensemble
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 18:42:42 GMT
ZooKeeper version is zookeeper-3.4.6.2.2.4.5-1.jar. Apache solr 5.3 is the
distributed one working with zookeeper.
1. Using a stand alone zookeeper in QA and below is the zoo.cfg file

clientPort=2181
initLimit=10
autopurge.purgeInterval=12
syncLimit=5
tickTime=2000
dataDir=/var/zookeeper/data
autopurge.snapRetainCount=3
server.1=server1.homedepot.com:2888:3888
maxClientCnxns=512

2. $ ./zkServer.sh status
JMX enabled by default
Using config: /usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-server/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
Mode: standalone

3. Want to add 2 more servers and make this an ensemble.

4. what I tried is,
a. Copied all data folder and zookeper installation folder from server1 and
moved to server2.
b. Edited zoo.cfg file in both server1 and server2, added
"server.2=server2.homedepot.com:2888:3888"
c. edited myid file as 2 in server2.
d. Tried starting zookeeeper in server2, it says started but actaully no
process was running. And zookeeper stops working at this
   point and I need to back out the changes to zoo.cfg on server1 and
restart zookeeper.
e. Since zookeeper was installed under /usr/hdp in server1, i wanted to use
separate filesystems on server2. So created separate filesystems for
zeekeeper install, data etc.
   datadir was /var/zookeeper/data in server1 and /opt/zookeeper/data in
server2.

4. Also wondering how to change from stand alone to ensemble.
5. I understand that i need to refer the solr node to new zookeeper node
after zookeeper is up in server2.

bin/solr start -e cloud -z server1,server2:2181 -noprompt

Please help.

--
Sent from: http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/