zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From chen dongming <cadem...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: document for zk internals
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 15:27:05 GMT
I had read 2 papers of zab. My question derive from them.

<Zab: High-performance broadcast for primary-backup systems> mentioned:

"Leader election occurs in two stages. First, we run a leader
election algorithm that outputs a new process as the leader.
We can use any protocol that, with high probability, chooses
a process that is up and that a quorum of processes selects."

But I don't think the detail of this "Leader election" is included in 2
papers. According to my understanding, "Leader election" happen before
phase 1,2,3 through the oracle. The paper describe phase 1,2,3 in
detail, but not for "Leader election" and oracle.

I want to dig into the "Leader election". Any document for it?

Another my understanding, LeaderElection and FastLeaderElection in the
"internals" doc doesn't include phase 1,2,3, right?