zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jun Liu <liu...@apache.org>
Subject [Help Wanted] Will zookeeper merge change events?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2018 11:40:24 GMT
Hi,

Our project, Dubbo[1], an RPC framework, has using Zookeeper as the service discovery and
config centre for a long time. Recently, we received performance reports from users when a
batch of service instances restart at the same time. One thing I can figure out is that the
change of one instance status will trigger one change event to the Registry Centre - Zookeeper,
so, 100 instances will trigger 100 change events at the same time.

AFAIK, Zookeeper client uses a single thread to handle all these events one by one, if that
is the case, will zookeeper merge the following events and only notify once? For example,
if the Zookeeper client is handling the 1st event, the rest 2-100 events are created, when
the 1st event is finished, will it only notify the client of the 100th event or all events
from 2 - 100 will be notified?

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo

Best regards,
Jun from Apache Dubbo (Incubating)