zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Kamoliddinov, Elbek" <elbek.kamoliddi...@sap.com>
Subject Configuring jute.maxbuffer on ZooKeeper Nodes
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:30:53 GMT
Hi Zookeeper community, we had a system issue and we hit max buffer limit on zk side, Now to
analyze I am trying to set up zk from snapshot that has big znode in it. When I start the
standalone zk I get:
2018-09-18 10:21:13,358 [myid:] - INFO  [main:Util@190] - Invalid snapshot /path/tmp/version-2/snapshot.520000fe8e
len = 808529968 byte = 56

I tried various ways to set -Djute.maxbuffer=1610612736 but still get the same error.
I changed zoo.cfg and added following line:
jute.maxbuffer=1610612736

and created zookeeper-env.sh file under conf directory where zoo.cfg and the file content
is:
JVMFLAGS="$JVMFLAGS -Djute.maxbuffer=1610612736"

Also created java.env file under conf dir and it has:
export JVMFLAGS="-Djute.maxbuffer=1610612736"

still no luck.

I tried to change zkServer.sh to have -Djute.maxbuffer=1610612736 as extra jvm param without
any luck.

On solr page it mentions 3 ways which I tried without any luck. https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_4/setting-up-an-external-zookeeper-ensemble.html

Anybody has any idea what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks.
Elbek.