zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Digest auth with classic TCP transport
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 14:54:41 GMT
I am *explicitly* asking about old-style 3.4.x socket protocol, not the new Netty transport
which I know supports SSL.

My original question was whether authentication credentials are passed in plaintext across
the wire and thus being easy to pickup by an attacker.
And if that is true, if there are know ways of working around the lack of SSL support for
the TCP transport.

Martin Gainty, I cannot see how I can easily plug in TLS1.3 in my existing connection between
client and Zookeeper 3.4.x, but if there is a simple way to do so then please share how you
did it.

The only solution I see, as we're stuck with 3.4.x, is to setup IPSec tunnels on OS level
on all client/server traffic. I wanted to avoid that.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com