zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@tink.se>
Subject Healthcheck
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 09:04:46 GMT
Hello,

We are in need for a shell command that we can execute on a specific node
to make sure that the node has come up and has synced up with the ensemble.
Is there any such command? Currently we are doing

curl --silent --show-error --fail http://localhost:8080/commands/stat |
grep -qE '"server_state" : "(follower|leader)"'

but I suspect that that only takes the master election into account and not
the fact that we've synced up.

Anyone that has a better solution? One idea would to wait for
`initLimit*tickTime+someDelta` ms and make sure that the same Java system
process is still running. I also notice that the official Kubernetes Helm
chart simply is doing an `ruok` 4-letter command for ready and liveness
check.

Any input appreciated - thanks,
Jens
--