zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Kalmar <nkal...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Kerberos based authentication
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:45:03 GMT
Hi Ram,

Yes, you will need a Kerberos instance, ZooKeeper doesn't have it bundled (
I don't think it's even possible especially in terms of security reasons).
Then you will have to configure SASL in ZooKeeper, as an additional layer
over Kerberos.

I'd say Kerberos is more secure, as for example you don't have your
password stored. But it is more complex to setup and you require a 3rd
party Kerberos instance. Lot of tutorial on it though. Like for example:
https://blog.bluesoftglobal.com/3-steps-to-apache-zookeeper-authentication/
https://github.com/ekoontz/zookeeper/wiki

At the end, I think it comes down to preference.

Regards,
Norbert