zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Tamas Penzes <tam...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Is zookeeper 3.4.13 client backward compatible with 3.4.8?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:21:21 GMT
Hi Debraj,

ZooKeeper 3.4.13 is only 5 bugfix version above 3.4.8. They are from the
same major.minor version, which means they must be compatible on API level
(can work together).

On the other hand 3.4.13 contains bugfixes which can have effects on server
and client side too. If you use different version on server and client side
you might run into problems which are fixed in 3.4.13 on server side but
not yet in 3.4.8 in your clients. It can make harder to find the root cause
of any issue.

Regards, Tamaas

--
*Tamás Pénzes* | Engineering Manager