zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From adrien ruffie <adriennolar...@hotmail.fr>
Subject RE: ZooKeeper Cluster Health Checking
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:00:26 GMT
Hi Harish,

thank you very much for this advise and explanation !

Do you think with just a simple script shell for checking all this metrics is enough ? Or
would better to do it in a Java with a simple monitoring application?

Thank again,

Best regards,

Adrien

________________________________
De : harish lohar <hklohar@gmail.com>
Envoyé : mardi 17 juillet 2018 04:13:51
À : user@zookeeper.apache.org
Objet : Re: ZooKeeper Cluster Health Checking

Hi Adrian,
Below zookeeper commands are generally used to get health of zookeeper
cluster
stat

Lists brief details for the server and connected clients.

usage echo stat | nc server port

This gives whether cluster is up /down. If down this will give that

Zookeeper instance is currently not serving any request -  which means
either the leader election is failing or <= 50% of zookeeper node in
cluster are down.

mntr

*New in 3.4.0:* Outputs a list of variables that could be used for
monitoring the health of the cluster.

$ echo mntr | nc localhost 2185

zk_version  3.4.0
zk_avg_latency  0
zk_max_latency  0
zk_min_latency  0
zk_packets_received 70
zk_packets_sent 69
zk_outstanding_requests 0
zk_server_state leader
zk_znode_count   4
zk_watch_count  0
zk_ephemerals_count 0
zk_approximate_data_size    27
zk_followers    4                   - only exposed by the Leader
zk_synced_followers 4               - only exposed by the Leader
zk_pending_syncs    0               - only exposed by the Leader
zk_open_file_descriptor_count 23    - only available on Unix platforms
zk_max_file_descriptor_count 1024   - only available on Unix platforms

The output is compatible with java properties format and the content may
change over time (new keys added). Your scripts should expect changes.

ATTENTION: Some of the keys are platform specific and some of the keys are
only exported by the Leader.

The output contains multiple lines with the following format: