zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Chaloulos, Klearchos (Nokia - GR/Athens)" <klearchos.chalou...@nokia.com>
Subject Verify zookeeper cluster consistency
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2018 07:16:00 GMT
Hello,

I recently ran into a case where my zookeeper servers had inconsistent data, that is nodes
that existed in one server did not exist in the other two. I used 3 servers, with version
3.4.9. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue, as it occurred a long time ago in an environment
outside my control.

However my question is: Is there a way to detect zookeeper cluster inconsistencies? I am not
talking about transient inconsistencies that exist for, say, a few seconds, but for permanent
inconsistencies. In my case the inconsistencies persisted for a month!

Best regards,

Klearchos