zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jostein Elvaker Haande <jehaa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with ZK log files and snapshots
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:04:06 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 at 12:28, Norbert Kalmar <nkalmar@cloudera.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You should use PurgeTxnLog as per
> https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.8/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_maintenance
> It needs 3 parameters: txn log dir, smapshot dir and number of snaps/log to
> keep (3 minimum!)

Hi,

I'm well aware of PurgeTxnLog (as per my initial post), however the problem
I'm facing is that there are not enough transactions in the existing log
files to generate a snapshot.

And seeing as no snapshots are created, PurgeTxnLog has nothing to clean
up. I've decreased the 'snapCount' on a few instances, however lowering
this count does nothing for the existing transaction logs it seems, as no
snapshots are created after a restart of ZooKeeper.

--
Yours sincerely Jostein Elvaker Haande
"A free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular"

http://tolecnal.net -- tolecnal at tolecnal dot net