zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jostein Elvaker Haande <jehaa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with ZK log files and snapshots
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2018 20:46:43 GMT
So I was able to schedule a maintenance window for one of the instances,
and performed the following:

- Performed a VM snapshot of the instance
- Stopped ZooKeeper
- Deleted all log and snapshot files
- Started ZooKeeper

What I noticed then, was that both ZooKeeper and SOLR was able to start.
However when I entered SOLR admin panla, it complained about not finding
the configuration files for the collections and shards. This was easily
fixed by uploading the configuration to ZK again, and performing a new
restart of the service. Once this was performed, everything was back to
working order.

I also observed that now that the old log files and snapshots were gone,
new log files and snapshots were finally created according to the values
defined by snapCount, which means I can finally rely on either using
PurgeTxnLog or have ZK do it automatically according to the values set
in autopurge.snapRetainCount
and autopurge.purgeInterval.

--
Yours sincerely Jostein Elvaker Haande
"A free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular"

http://tolecnal.net -- tolecnal at tolecnal dot net