zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Missing Solr state.json in one of the collections in Zookeeper
Date Tue, 29 May 2018 20:15:28 GMT
On 5/29/2018 9:51 AM, Boban Acimovic wrote:
> I have 8 Solr collections in my Zookeeper and all of them have /collections/xxx/state.json
except one. For this one, state is actually in /clusterstate.json
> Why is it like so? How to move (or at least copy) /clusterstate.json to /collections/yyy/state.json?
>
> I tried zhCli create and set but without any success. Thank you in advance.I have 8 Solr
collections in my Zookeeper and all of them have /collections/xxx/state.json except one. For
this one, state is actually in /clusterstate.json
> Why is it like so? How to move (or at least copy) /clusterstate.json to /collections/yyy/state.json?
>
> I tried zhCli create and set but without any success. Thank you in advance.

This mailing list is for ZooKeeper.  Most of the list residents are not
going to have any idea how to help you, because this question is about
info that's very specific to SolrCloud.  Your question belongs on the
solr-user mailing list.

Because the question is off-topic for this list, I should refer you to
solr-user and not help you here, but I'm going to be kind with ONE
useful reply.  If you need assistance beyond this reply, you will need
to start a new thread on solr-user and continue the discussion there.
Please bring any new questions about Solr to the solr-user mailing list,
or to our IRC channel.

This collection was created with the old state format, either by a 4.x
version of Solr, or with explicit action on a newer version.  The older
state format is not available on the most recent versions of Solr, but
5.x and 6.x versions are capable of using both formats.

If you have a Solr version between 5.4.0 and 6.6.4, you can use this:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/collections-api.html#CollectionsAPI-migratestateformat

The |MIGRATESTATEFORMAT |action is not available in 7.x because current
versions of Solr do not support the old state format.

Thanks,
Shawn