zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Pramod Srinivasan <pra...@juniper.net>
Subject behavior of ephemeral nodes
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 20:43:09 GMT
Hello Everyone,

Can someone help me rationalize the behavior I see?

1) Process A is watching node /a
2) Process B and Process C add ephemeral nodes, say /a/b and /a/c
3) Process B and Process C close their session and Process A gets a ZOO_CHILD_EVENT event
when b and c goes away.
4) In the context of ZOO_CHILD_EVENT, Process A does a zoo_wget_children for “/a” and
find its empty, but when it tries to delete “/a”, it finds that it is not empty and zoo_wget_children
again returns no children.

How can get_children return no children for a znode and a remove of the znode fail with not
empty? It looks like there is a relation with ephemeral nodes and Follower/Leader behavior,
don’t understand this enough to make sense

Thanks,
Pramod