zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Adam Blank <adam.bl...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring SolrCloud with Redundancy on Two Physical Frames
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 14:55:11 GMT
Hello,

I would like to have a high-availability/redundant installation of
Zookeeper running in my production environment. The problem is that I only
have 2 physical frames available, so that rules out configuring a Zookeeper
cluster/ensemble since I'd only have redundancy if the frame with the
minority of servers goes down. What is the best practice in this situation?
Is it possible to have a separate standalone install running on each frame
connected to the same set of SOLR nodes or to use one server as primary and
one as backup?

Thank you,
Adam