zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Washko, Daniel" <dwas...@gannett.com>
Subject Re: removing ZK installation
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 17:57:41 GMT
Steve, how was zookeeper installed? That should be the method with which you remove it.

If you are not sure how it was installed, you can do:

rpm -qa |grep zookeeper

To determine whether it was installed via an RPM package. If that does not unearth a matching
RPM then it was probably installed some other way. More than likely it could have binary in
an archive extracted to, maybe,  /opt/zookeeper.

If you look at the running zookeeper process it should give you an idea of where zookeeper
is installed and where the data directory is:

ps -ef |grep zookeeper

How zookeeper is starting is dependent on which version of Centos you are running. Centos
6 uses upstart and service command. More than likely you will find the zookeeper init script
in /etc/init.d. If this is Centos 7 then it's systemd. As root you can run systemctl by itself
to get a list of service scripts. Hit the "/" key and type in zookeeper. It will take you
to any service script with zookeeper in the name. This will help you determine how to stop
zookeeper.

If neither systemd is showing a zookeeper service nor you see a service script in /etc/init.d
(or if service zookeeper stop doesn't work), then it would appear that zookeeper was started
in some other way, maybe manually without a service or systemd script.

You'll want to figure this out because if you have to manually remove zookeeper, instead of
using a package manager like RPM, you'll want to disable any startup scripts from running
and throwing errors once Zookeeper is removed.