zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Pramod Srinivasan <pra...@juniper.net>
Subject Re: behavior of ephemeral nodes
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 17:11:34 GMT
any thoughts on this?

On 5/1/18, 1:43 PM, "Pramod Srinivasan" <pramod@juniper.net> wrote:

    Hello Everyone,

    Can someone help me rationalize the behavior I see?

    1) Process A is watching node /a
    2) Process B and Process C add ephemeral nodes, say /a/b and /a/c
    3) Process B and Process C close their session and Process A gets a ZOO_CHILD_EVENT event
when b and c goes away.
    4) In the context of ZOO_CHILD_EVENT, Process A does a zoo_wget_children for “/a”
and find its empty, but when it tries to delete “/a”, it finds that it is not empty and
zoo_wget_children again returns no children.

    How can get_children return no children for a znode and a remove of the znode fail with
not empty? It looks like there is a relation with ephemeral nodes and Follower/Leader behavior,
don’t understand this enough to make sense

    Thanks,
    Pramod