zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: How to find the actual size of zk data
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2018 23:02:25 GMT
> How to find  actual size of zookeeper data since it store and operate from
> in-memory? and snapshot may not give me actual size?

ZooKeeper transactions/snapshots are stored on disk in a series of files. You can use your
file system to get the combined sizes of these files. The directory is specified by the "dataDir"
value in zoo.cfg.

> One more question, since its a in-memory datastore, what if my zk data
> grows beyond available RAM? does it swap?

No. ZooKeeper does not swap. You will get OutOfMemory exceptions if store too much data. The
ZooKeeper database is always limited by memory.

-JZ