zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zookeeper client behavior on ZK server segmentation
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:04:41 GMT
Hey Sergey,

> My question is if there is a way to configure ZooKeeper client in such a
> way that it will try to reconnect to other ZooKeeper servers when the
> server it was connected to gets segmented?

The connect string that you pass when creating a zookeeper handle can
contain multiple server names or addresses. If you configure that way,
 the client will try to reconnect to a different server upon disconnecting.

Note that the zk client will notify the application of the connection loss, but
that notification (or exception, depending on whether you are on the sync or
Async API) does not imply that the session is expired. Session expiration
is declared by the leader.

-Flavio