zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Sergey Chugunov <sergey.chugu...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper client behavior on ZK server segmentation
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:59:53 GMT
Hello Zookeeper folks,

I'm from Apache Ignite community [1]; I'm trying to adopt ZooKeeper ver.
3.4.6 in our project.

As Ignite is a distributed platform we need some discovery mechanism to
build a cluster; when integrating ZooKeeper for this purpose I faced the
following issue.

My scenario is simple: I use ZK multinode cluster to organize discovery
environment where Ignite nodes publish discovery data to find each other.

So each Ignite node connects to some ZK server in order to join the
cluster.
However, when ZK server gets segmented from ZooKeeper cluster, it seems it
closes sessions of all connected clients; as a result all Ignite nodes
connected to that particular server shut down.

My question is if there is a way to configure ZooKeeper client in such a
way that it will try to reconnect to other ZooKeeper servers when the
server it was connected to gets segmented?

If no, what would you recommend to overcome the issue? Is it possible to
handle server segmentation in ZooKeeper client and organize reconnect
procedure at Ignite's code level?

Thanks,
Sergey Chugunov.

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/