zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Observers: a link to message bus?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 10:15:50 GMT
Hi Bruno,

Unfortunately I have no idea what plugin system does the author of this doc
refer to, but I can think of the following 2 solutions:

1) Fire up some observers in ZK cluster and connect to them via some
standard client. Create a zk node and create a watch for its children.
Producer can create nodes as children of this special node and connected
clients (consumers) can receive them in an ordered manner. This setup will
not affect the overall performance of the cluster, because the 'message
bus' only uses observers to achieve its goal.

2) Write your custom Observer node by implementing ZK protocol that can
receive and parse INFORM messages. These messages are consumed by Observers
too. Obviously this solution could be enormously cumbersome, although
Observers are the least complicated nodes of a ZK ensemble, but I'm not
aware of any existing 'plugin' solution which would achieve similar
forwarder mechanism.

Regards,
Andor