zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From baotiao <baot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how zookeeper promise FIFO client order
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 02:59:32 GMT
Hi Andor,

let me clarify the problem

since zookeeper promise that these operation are sending in pipeline, so the later operation
don't need to wait the prior's confirmation. so the three operations
1. set a = 1
2. set b = 1
3. set ready = true

these three operations are sending in pipeline, the first operation set a = 1 is process ok,
and the second operation set b = 1 is on the way. then there is something wrong with the leader,
then the client connect a new tcp connection with the leader. And then the client send the
last operation, since there is two tcp connection from client to server, even through the
first is closed from the client's view, but there maybe still some redidual data, so we can't
promise whether the second operation will arrive to the leader, and we also can't promise
that the second operation arrive to the leader before the third one or after the third one.
so this violate the client FIFO order.

my question here is that, is it zookeeper promise only channel FIFO order, not the client
FIFO order. so if the client reconnect a new tcp connection, we can't promise the FIFO order.

Another question is that if zookeeper only promise channel FIFO order, I think raft which
is build upon tcp also promise FIFO client order, since ther FIFO order is promise by the
tcp connection, and almost any consensus algorithm combine with tcp will promise FIFO client
order.

Thank you

Github: https://github.com/baotiao
Blog: http://baotiao.github.io/