zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Maximum questions
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 19:26:44 GMT
Hi Greg-

Could you possibly share some details regarding  your use case?
Generally quorum sizes of 3/5/7 are typical.

I'm not sure about the absolute theoretical maximums but I can give some
recommendations based on what I have seen.

You probably do not want to have more than 10k active sessions against a
cluster.

Number of znodes/children depend on a couple factors. The size of the
znodes relative to the heap size (as the whole tree is stored in memory)
and, when listing, the number of children is practically limited by the
jute.maxBuffer size.

Thanks,
Abe