zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>
Subject Re: outstanding requests
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:43:15 GMT
Hi Ram-

Outstanding requests can lead to high memory usage (possibly bringing
down members of the quorum)  and slower responses to requests.

I would take a look at the section from the "ZooKeeper: Distributed
Process Coordination" book for a good description of what happens when
the globalOutstandingLimit is reached:
https://books.google.com/books?id=OWQdAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT255&lpg=PT255&dq=%22globalOutstandingLimit%22+zookeeper&source=bl&ots=14zMtuu14N&sig=nbIIbjryge-p9UMQAWcu06mnUEQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsxb6grsbXAhVjyFQKHdztCOwQ6AEISDAD#v=onepage&q=%22globalOutstandingLimit%22%20zookeeper&f=false

I don't think there is any general answer to how to bring the count
down, as the answer is totally related to your usage of ZooKeeper.

Thanks,
Abe