zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Steve Pruitt <bpru...@opentext.com>
Subject multiple servers on localhost
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 17:59:34 GMT
I am in ZK learn mode.  I followed a setup I found for an initial ZK ensemble evaluation setup
for running on same machine (Windows).  Once I know a bit more I plan to push the setup to
different VM's.

I think the setup I ofund is no longer valid for version 3.4.6.

The data dir's were created as below, each with the myid file set to 1,2,3 respectively:
C:\ProgramData\ZooKeeper\1\data
C:\ProgramData\ZooKeeper\2\data
C:\ProgramData\ZooKeeper\3\data

In the zookeeper-3.4.6\conf folder I have zoo1.cfg, zoo2.cfg, zoo3.cfg.  They all look as
below.  But, I incremented the folder name (2 and 3) and incremented all port numbers in each
cfg file.

dataDir=/ProgramData/ZooKeeper/1/data
# the port at which the clients will connect
clientPort=2181
server.1=localhost:2888:3888
server.2=localhost:2889:3889
server.3=localhost:2890:3890

Next, I tried executing ZK via:  zkServer.cmd start zoo1.cfg.  Startup fails and I get:

[myid:] - ERROR [main:ZooKeeperServerMain@54] - Invalid arguments, exiting abnormally
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "C:\Servers\zookeeper-3.4.6\bin\..\conf\zoo.cfg"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)

Looking online it looks like this setup is no longer supported.  You can't pass the cfg file
as an argument.  Is the only way to have all ZK's running on same machine a separate folder
for each server?

Next, I plan to run SolrCloud with my setup.

Thanks.

-S