zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Error connecting to ZooKeeper server
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 23:14:43 GMT

________________________________
From: Michael Chen <yiningchen2020@u.northwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 3:47 PM
To: user@nutch.apache.org; user@hadoop.apache.org; user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error connecting to ZooKeeper server

Also, the cluster is on AWS. Security group set to allow all inbound and
outbound traffic...
MG>can you verify ALL inbound ports and ALL outbound ports are enabled and listening with
netstat -lpn

Any ideas?...

MG>to eliminate AWS as the culprit what happens when you disable the problematic AWS Security
Group?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/chronos-scheduler/ys77mol0aWQ
[http://www.google.com/images/icons/product/groups-128.png]<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/chronos-scheduler/ys77mol0aWQ>

AWS Security Group settings for Chronos Cluster<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/chronos-scheduler/ys77mol0aWQ>
groups.google.com
Posted 9/22/14 9:04 AM, 3 messages

On 08/16/2017 12:37 PM, Michael Chen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've run into a ZooKeeper connection error during the execution of a
> Nutch hadoop job. The tasks stall on connection error to ZooKeeper
> server. Here's what I know:
>
> 1. ZK connection error is the only known problem, other logs report no
> issue
>
> 2. Error message on YARN NodeManager on one of the slaves is:
>
> 2017-08-16 19:03:42,280 INFO [main-SendThread(localhost:2181)] org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:
Opening socket connection to server localhost/127.0.0.1:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate
using SASL (unknown error)
> 2017-08-16 19:03:42,281 WARN [main-SendThread(localhost:2181)] org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:
Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect