zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: ...likely client has closed socket...
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 14:07:22 GMT
On 7/14/2017 5:14 AM, mostolog@gmail.com wrote:
> Using zookeeper 3.5.3-beta we are getting a few log lines like:
>
>    [2017-07-14 13:02:30,588] WARN Unable to read additional data from
>    client sessionid 0xc00bee319ed0004, likely client has closed socket
>    (org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn)
>
> Why zookeeper is "reading" adittional data from client if it already
> leave? Anyway, it the client is gone this shoudn't be considered an
> error, isnt it?

I'm no expert in ZK code, so I could be completely wrong in what I'm
going to say:

This kind of message probably means that the normal TCP stack operation
(where a client will notify a server that it is closing the socket) was
somehow interrupted, possibly by a badly configured firewall or a
network problem.  There is always the possibility of a bug, but it is
more likely to be a problem somewhere else.  I do not believe that this
is a message that can be ignored -- it probably indicates the presence
of a real problem that must be fixed.

If I'm wrong, hopefully someone who IS an expert will step up and
correct me.

Thanks,
Shawn