zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shraer <shra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gracefully remove a node from the ensamble
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 21:14:31 GMT
Well, first of all you need to bootstrap a system - so all the nodes should
know of each other. This hasn't changed in 3.5.
When you add a new server, you also need to bootstrap its config file with
something (there are a few suggestions in the manual) - it doesn't need to
be the latest config but it has to include the leader and it must be
specified in a way that avoids a split brain. Once the new server talks
with the leader,
it syncs the latest configuration (something like what you're saying). Then
you can issue a command to formally add it to the cluster.