zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Luigi Tagliamonte <luigi.tagliamont...@gmail.com>
Subject New to zookeeper
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 22:58:55 GMT
Hello, Zookeeper Users!
I'm currently configuring/exploring zookeeper.
I'm reading a lot about ensembles and scaling and I got some question that
I'd like to submit to an expert audience.
I need zookeeper as Kafka dependency so my deployment goal is the ensemble
reliability especially because last Kafka version uses zookeeper only to
store the leader partition.

Here are my questions:

- To manage the ensemble I decided to use exhibitor - what do you think
about? Should I look to something else?

- Is there a way to discover all the servers of an ensemble apart from
use 4LTR? I wonder if it is possible to do something like in Cassandra were
you contact one node and you can get the whole cluster info from it. should
I configure just a DNS per zookeeper server, this doesn't scale well in a
dynamic env like servers in autoscaling.

- is there any white paper that shows a real scalable and reliable
Zookeeper installation? Any resources are welcome!

Thank you all in advance!
Regards