zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using ClientCnxnSocketNetty over ClientCnxnSocketNIO in 3.5
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:18:17 GMT
Michael,
Thank you for your quick response

Il gio 20 lug 2017, 19:15 Michael Han <hanm@cloudera.com> ha scritto:

> >> Is any plan to move to ClientCnxnSocketNetty but default ?
>
> The plan was to replace NIO engine. See ZOOKEEPER-733. For some features
> (like client-server SSL) it is a requirement to switch to Netty. Netty
> socket implementation is less mature comparing to NIO (there are bugs
> reported overtime and some of those have not been fixed still),

I did this filter on JIRA and I can't find issues related to the client
side apart from flaky tests

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ZOOKEEPER%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20and%20text%20~%20netty%20%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

Do you or anyone else knows about blocker issues reported for the client
side?

I don't know the history of the netty switch, was it for SSL support or for
other reasons like more simple maintenance of code, or performance?

Enrico

so it would

--

-- Enrico Olivelli