zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From <marina.bru...@orange.com>
Subject RE: how to identify the alive master spark ?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 07:27:46 GMT
Hello,

Zookeeper decides to elect another master when elected master goes down. For me, Zookeeper
is always advise which is the master.
In Spark, only logs show us which is the master. A grep on logs is not a good solution for
us to know the master.
For databases, Zookeeper can provide a property which indicates the hostname. Why it is not
the case for Spark ?

I will see with Spark

Thanks

Regards,

Marina Brunel
-----Message d'origine-----
De : Abraham Fine [mailto:afine@apache.org]
Envoyé : mardi 11 juillet 2017 20:03
À : user@zookeeper.apache.org
Objet : Re: how to identify the alive master spark ?

Hi Marina-

This question may be better suited for the Spark mailing lists as Zookeeper doesn't really
"decide" which master is alive but rather provides a mechanism for the application to make
the correct decision.
Thanks,
Abe

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017, at 02:50, marina.brunel@orange.com wrote:
> Hello,

> In our project, we have a Spark cluster with 2 master and 4 workers and Zookeeper decides
which master is alive.> We have a problem with our reverse proxy to display the Spark Web
UI. The RP redirect on a master with IP address configured in initial configuration but if
Zookeeper decides to change the master, our spark Web UI is not accessible.> We search
in Internet a solution to know with Zookeeper which master is alive every time but we don’t
find anything. It is possible with confd to search if property changed but none property is
saved.In folder /spark in Zookeeper, nothing is logged.>

> Can you help us to solve this problem ?

> Thank you

> Regards,

> http://www.orange.com/sirius/logos_mail/orange_logo.gif

> *Marina Brunel*
>  Ingénieur d'Etudes Confirmé

> *Orange Applications for Business*
>  SCE/OAB/MTM/SM2M

> Fixe       +33 (0)2 99 28 88 73

> Portable +33 (0)7 84 14 52 05

> Interne 4873

> marina.brunel@orange.com

> 3, allée de Beaulieu 35700 Rennes

> www.orange-business.com/fr

> _____________________________________________________________________-
> ____________________________________________________  Ce message et
> ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles
> ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc pas etre diffuses, exploites ou
> copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur,
> veuillez le signaler a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les
> pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles
> d'alteration, Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete
> altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.  This message and its attachments
> may contain confidential or privileged information that may be
> protected by law; they should not be distributed, used or copied
> without authorisation. If you have received this email in error,
> please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
> As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have
> been modified, changed or falsified. Thank you.

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,

be protected by law;