zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Amr Alanwar <amr.alan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper Time Synchronization
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 21:23:38 GMT
Thanks guys for your replies and prompt responses,

1) if mtime is just for user recording, then the user and all the elected
masters should be synchronized over the working period. Right?
2) Concenrning the MONOTONIC_CLOCK, excuse me, I have the following
confusion
a- Do we need to keep the MONOTONIC_CLOCK consistent from master to another,
i.e, when a master goes down and another one takes over?
b- I can summarize that the ZooKeeper job correctness depends only on the
MONOTONIC_CLOCK at the clients and the master. No wall time is used at the
client side at all. Wall time is used just for recording at the master.
Right?

Thanks!