zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Amr <amr.alan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper Time Synchronization
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 18:30:14 GMT
Hi Abe,

Thanks a lot for your reply and for the reference. Excuse me, I have a
comment and a request for clarification.

 I see in the link you provided

"ZooKeeper doesn't use real time, or clock time, at all except to put
timestamps into the stat structure on znode creation and znode
modification."

Also, I see that znode state structure has the following
mtime: The time in milliseconds from epoch when this znode was last
modified.

what is the usage of this mtime?

Consider Znode z1, I was thinking in this senario:
1- Master kept mtime T1 for changing z1.
2- Master died.
3- A new master will be elected, how will the new master deal with the
timestamps attached to the znodes? The new master has no sense of the mtimes
values attached to the znode. Does that affect anything, if for example a
new modification is proposed?

Thanks again!