zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Guillermo Vega-Toro" <gvega...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How to add nodes to a Zookeeper 3.5.3-beta ensemble with reconfigEnabled=false
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 22:17:05 GMT
I'm still unable to make configuration changes when reconfigEnabled=false
by updating zoo.cfg and restarting the servers.

For example, I want to change the weight of one of my servers. I edit
zoo.cfg on the server I want to change, and specify the group, server.x,
and weight.x properties for all servers. I also remove the
dynamicConfigFile property and delete the dynamic config file. I then
restart the server. As soon as the server starts, the dynamic config file
re-appears, and it has the last configuration, as if the changes I made in
zoo.cfg were ignored. The dynamic configuration file on the other servers
also stays the same.

What would be the correct way to achieve this (change a server's weight,
or role) when reconfigEnabled=false and the CLI reconfig command cannot be
used?

Thanks