zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to add nodes to a Zookeeper 3.5.3-beta ensemble with reconfigEnabled=false
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 19:20:31 GMT
You can still do rolling restarts for 3.5.x including 3.5.3-beta. Rolling
restart requires edits the zoo.cfg - the static configuration files,
instead of zoo.cfg.dynamic.x, which is the dynamic reconfiguration file
that stores reconfig parameters. This dynamic config file is managed by ZK
and is not supposed to be edited by users directly. See
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.3-beta/zookeeperReconfig.html#sc_
reconfig_file for more details.

Another option is to use dynamic reconfig through command line, the doc
linked above should provide enough information to get started.

--
Cheers
Michael.