zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: odd issue after enabling the firewall
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 22:19:28 GMT
On 5/10/2017 11:40 AM, msouthwick wrote:
> I have 2 zookeepers, 2 shards and 2 replica shards in my setup.

Followup, noticed this after I had sent the previous reply:  A ZK
ensemble of two servers is LESS fault tolerant than a single server.  If
*either* server were to go down, you would lose quorum.  You need three
servers for fault tolerance.  This is outlined in at least two places in
the ZK documentation.

Your mention of port 8983 (as well as shards and replicas) suggests that
you're running SolrCloud.  I believe that the need for three ZK servers
is also mentioned in the Solr documentation ... and if it's not, then I
need to make sure that gets added.

Thanks,
Shawn