zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From I PVP <i...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: java.io.EOFException
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 08:02:37 GMT
Martin Gainty,

Thanks for answering.

I was able to solve the issue by running the following:

sudo rm -rf /tmp/zookeeper
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/zookeeper
sudo rm -rf /var/log/zookeeper
sudo mkdir -p /tmp/zookeeper
sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/zookeeper/data
sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/zookeeper/data-log
sudo mkdir -p /var/log/zookeeper
sudo chown -R zookeeper:zookeeper /var/log/zookeeper/ /var/lib/zookeeper/ /tmp/zookeeper/

best,

IPVP

On May 28, 2017 at 9:56:43 AM, Martin Gainty (mgainty@hotmail.com<mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com>)
wrote:

MG>below

________________________________
From: I PVP <ipvp@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 12:07 AM
To: UserZooKeeper
Subject: java.io.EOFException

How to recover from the following error that started happening after a server crash?
Zookeeper won’t start and the following message is showing repeatedly on the log.

2017-05-27 01:02:08,072 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:java.library.path=/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
2017-05-27 01:02:08,072 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:java.io.tmpdir=/tmp
2017-05-27 01:02:08,072 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:java.compiler=<NA>
2017-05-27 01:02:08,072 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:os.name=Linux
2017-05-27 01:02:08,072 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:os.arch=amd64
2017-05-27 01:02:08,073 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:os.version=3.10.0-514.16.1.el7.x86_64
2017-05-27 01:02:08,073 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:user.name=zookeeper
2017-05-27 01:02:08,073 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:user.home=/opt/zookeeper
2017-05-27 01:02:08,073 [myid:] - INFO [main:Environment@100] - Server environment:user.dir=/
2017-05-27 01:02:08,074 [myid:] - INFO [main:ZooKeeperServer@829] - tickTime set to 2000
2017-05-27 01:02:08,074 [myid:] - INFO [main:ZooKeeperServer@838] - minSessionTimeout set
to -1
2017-05-27 01:02:08,074 [myid:] - INFO [main:ZooKeeperServer@847] - maxSessionTimeout set
to -1
2017-05-27 01:02:08,080 [myid:] - INFO [main:NIOServerCnxnFactory@89] - binding to port 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181
2017-05-27 01:02:08,385 [myid:] - ERROR [main:Util@239] - Last transaction was partial.
2017-05-27 01:02:08,400 [myid:] - ERROR [main:Util@239] - Last transaction was partial.
2017-05-27 01:02:08,403 [myid:] - ERROR [main:Util@239] - Last transaction was partial.
2017-05-27 01:02:08,403 [myid:] - ERROR [main:Util@239] - Last transaction was partial.
2017-05-27 01:02:08,404 [myid:] - ERROR [main:Util@239] - Last transaction was partial.
2017-05-27 01:02:08,404 [myid:] - ERROR [main:ZooKeeperServerMain@64] - Unexpected exception,
exiting abnormally
java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
at org.apache.jute.BinaryInputArchive.readInt(BinaryInputArchive.java:63)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileHeader.deserialize(FileHeader.java:64)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnLog$FileTxnIterator.inStreamCreated(FileTxnLog.java:585)

MG>in the logs you should see
MG>"Created new input stream" NameOfLogFile
MG>once the archive is created you should see
MG>"Created new input archive " logFile

at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnLog$FileTxnIterator.createInputArchive(FileTxnLog.java:604)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnLog$FileTxnIterator.goToNextLog(FileTxnLog.java:570)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnLog$FileTxnIterator.next(FileTxnLog.java:652)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog.restore(FileTxnSnapLog.java:166)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZKDatabase.loadDataBase(ZKDatabase.java:223)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer.loadData(ZooKeeperServer.java:283)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer.startdata(ZooKeeperServer.java:410)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.startup(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:118)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:119)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.initializeAndRun(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:87)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.main(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:53)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:116)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:78)

any help is appreciate

best
IPVP