zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Observers taking long time to serve requests
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 21:07:06 GMT
When an observer (and in general a follower) restarted, it will go through
these stages:

* Look for leader by starting a new leader election round and usually this
is quick as there is already a leader.
* Register with leader and begin synchronize phase - depends on the
observer state the sync might end up with DIFF (quicker) or SNAPSHOT
(longer).
* After sync phase observer will start serving traffic.

Check the observer server log and record how long it took for each stage is
a good starting point..

--
Cheers
Michael.