zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Acl block detete not working
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 18:16:15 GMT

________________________________
From: joe smith <water4u99@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:40 AM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Acl block detete not working

Hi,
I'm using 3.4.10 and setting custom aol to block deletion of a znode.  However, I'm able to
delete the node even after I've set acl from cdrwa to crwa.
Can anyone point out if I missed some step.
Thanks for the help

Here is the trace:
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 0] ls /
[zookeeper]

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 1] create /test "data"Created /test

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 2] ls /[zookeeper, test]

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 3] addauth myfqdn localhost
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 4] setAcl /test myfqdn:localhost:cracZxid = 0x2
ctime = Tue May 02 08:28:42 EDT 2017
mZxid = 0x2
mtime = Tue May 02 08:28:42 EDT 2017
pZxid = 0x2
cversion = 0
dataVersion = 0
aclVersion = 1
ephemeralOwner = 0x0
dataLength = 4
numChildren = 0

MG>in SetAclCommand you can see the acl being parsed and acl being set by setAcl into zk
object

    List<ACL> acl = AclParser.parse(aclStr);
        int version;
        if (cl.hasOption("v")) {
            version = Integer.parseInt(cl.getOptionValue("v"));
        } else {
            version = -1;
        }
        try {
            Stat stat = zk.setACL(path, acl, version);

MG>later on in DeleteCommand there is no check for aforementioned acl parameter
   public boolean exec() throws KeeperException, InterruptedException {
        String path = args[1];
        int version;
        if (cl.hasOption("v")) {
            version = Integer.parseInt(cl.getOptionValue("v"));
        } else {
            version = -1;
        }

        try {
        zk.delete(path, version);
        } catch(KeeperException.BadVersionException ex) {
            err.println(ex.getMessage());
        }
        return false;

MG>as seen here the testCase works properly saving the Zookeeper object
     LsCommand entity = new LsCommand();
        entity.setZk(zk);

MG>but setACL does not save the zookeeper object anywhere but instead seems to discard
zookeeper object with accompanying ACLs
MG>can you report this bug to Zookeeper?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

ZooKeeper - ASF JIRA - issues.apache.org<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel>
issues.apache.org
Apache ZooKeeper is a service for coordinating processes of distributed applications. Versions:
Unreleased. Name Release date; Unreleased 3.2.3 : Unreleased 3.3.7

MG>Thanks Joe!

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 5] getAcl /test'myfqdn,'localhost
: cra

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 6] get /testdata
cZxid = 0x2
ctime = Tue May 02 08:28:42 EDT 2017
mZxid = 0x2
mtime = Tue May 02 08:28:42 EDT 2017
pZxid = 0x2
cversion = 0
dataVersion = 0
aclVersion = 1
ephemeralOwner = 0x0
dataLength = 4
numChildren = 0

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 7] set /test "testwrite"Authentication is not valid : /test

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 8] delete /test
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 9] ls /[zookeeper]

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 10]
The auth provider imple is here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42827186839577179157
TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free<http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42827186839577179157>
s000.tinyupload.com
TinyUpload.com - solution for tiny file hosting. No download limits, no upload limit. Totaly
free.

|   |