zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ZooKeeper 3.5.3-beta
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 00:16:48 GMT
I remember we had to make a change to 3.4.x (x>0) in order to maintain
backward compat with a change that we made to 3.5. I searched but I can't
remember the specific jira or the specific release, it was some time ago.
The issue would be that if you try and do a rolling upgrade from 3.4.x-1 to
3.5.y it had the potential to fail. Perhaps one of the other community
folks will remember. Other than that I'm not aware of anything. The on disk
formats are the same and the communication protocols should be b/w compat.
I tried running 3.4 client against 3.5.3 during the last release and it
worked ok for me. Not sure if anyone has been testing at the quorum level.

If anyone does find something (or tests and finds it works) please let us
know so that we can document it.

Patrick