zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ZooKeeper 3.5.3-beta
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 01:02:12 GMT
>> pitfalls coming from 3.4.9 (or .10) to the 3.5.x release?
If coming from 3.4.9, one note is all four letter words except srvr are
disabled by default in 3.5.3 so your devops tool if they depend on 4lw will
stop working (one user already reports this on jira), which is expected. In
this case you can either update configuration to enable the subset of 4lw
you need, or use modern monitoring primitives provided by ZK (JMX / Jetty
admin server). If coming from 3.4.10 then it's fine, since 3.4.10 made same
change to 4lw (disable by default).

>> make a change to 3.4.x (x>0) in order to maintain backward compat with a
change that we made to 3.5.
Not sure if it's ZOOKEEPER-1633. Basically rolling upgrade would not work
from 3.4.x to 3.5.y if x < 6.

--
Cheers
Michael.