zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Le Cyberian <lecyber...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper Cross Datacenter Cluster
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 19:34:01 GMT
Hi Guys,

I would like to have Kafka Cluster which is dependent on Zookeeper like
many other great projects out their. Kafka would have 4 nodes as its
cluster since their having even number is not a problem because it does
leader election based its config it keeps in zookeeper.

My scenario is having two server rooms on different floors having fiber
connectivity with each other so network latency / lag is almost like a
local connection.

However, I would like to implement zookeeper cluster between both of them
for auto-failover / redundancy purposes. So if one server room is down
other should work properly.

For example: on a 5 node zookeeper cluster distributed on both of the
server rooms with 3 in one and 2 in other would give me 2 node failure
tolerance, However if the server room which has 3 servers is down then
ensemble would be broken and split brain.

Can you please suggest how to achieve this to have failover / redundancy
between two server rooms or two locations lets say ?

Is it possible to run 3 node cluster in each server room and have some sort
of master-master between them ?

Thank for your time and helping out in advance.

Kind regards,

Le