zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Van Klaveren, Brian N." <b...@slac.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Cross Datacenter Cluster
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 22:08:33 GMT
Or, an extra server in a third datacenter to break the tie.

Brian

> On Mar 6, 2017, at 2:05 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>
> This scenario is not possible. An even number of servers doesn't help you as a quorum
in ZooKeeper is (N/2)+1. So, if you put 2 servers in each DC, a network partition would disable
BOTH DCs. (4/2)+1 == 3. So, the only option is to choose one of the DCs as the main DC and
put an extra server there. This way you could lose the "minor" DC.