zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Washko, Daniel" <dwas...@gannett.com>
Subject Zookeeper node replacement for solr cloud steps
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 20:14:54 GMT
I am trying to work out the safest process for replacing Zookeeper nodes in conjunction with
Solr cloud.  It would seem to me the safes process for doing this would be:

1)       Reconfigure and restart each zookeeper node in the ensemble starting with the new
nodes, the followers, and finally the leader.

2)       Reconfigure and restart each solr node with all the zookeeper nodes.

3)       Reconfigure and restart each zookeeper node starting with the nodes to be removed
followed by the nodes staying.

4)       Reconfigure and restart each solr node to remove the nodes leaving the zookeeper
ensemble.

I am wondering if it would be safe to reduce the solr reconfigure to one step. Step 2 would
then be Reconfigure and restart each solr with only the zookeeper nodes that are staying in
the ensemble. My concern is if the leader node is going to be removed and Solr is not configured
to talk to the current zookeeper leader, will that be a problem?

--
Daniel S Washko
Solutions Architect

[cid:image001.png@01D282E7.44350F70]