zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Megha Sharma <megha.hitesh.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting acls in Zookeeper
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 15:22:52 GMT
Hi All,
I have been trying to set acls with zkCli and it seems like the acls don’t
take effect until all the zkServers are restarted. Do the acls need
zkServer restart?
Also, I am running a mesos cluster which uses zookeeper for its leader
election. Mesos creates znodes /mesos with ZOO_AUTH_IDS and
ZOO_READ_ACL_UNSAFE and I am trying to mimic that and set the acls manually
as the znodes are already created. So far I have tried the following with
zkCli to mimic mesos’ setting of credentials and none of them seems to
work. I am not sure if the below approach is the right way to set acls like
ZOO_AUTH_IDS with zkCli. Any ideas?

addauth digest user:pwd
setAcl /mesos world:anyone:r,auth:user:pwd:cdrwa

addauth digest user:pwd
setAcl /mesos world:anyone:r,auth::crdwa

Thanks
Megha